Friday, January 18, 2008

Up or Down?

Morning, Day 1

She said: “Baby, you left the toilet seat up again!!! If I told you once I told you for always, put the toilet seat back down when you are done”

He said: “Sorry luv”.

Middle of the Night, Day 1

She murmurs: “Damn!”

He snores: “zzzz…..”

Morning, Day 2

She whispers: “Baby, do you love me?”

He answers: [looking confused] “Of course I do”

She yells: “So why do you always leave the toilet seat up. I almost fell in when I got up to go in the middle of the night”

He apologises: [chastised] “My bad” (or it might have been “ma binu”)


Middle of the Night, Day 2

………….

Morning, Day 3

She said: “I know I didn’t just see splattered wee on the toilet seat…”

He wonders: “This woman!”

He says: “I couldn’t guarantee that I’d put the seat back down, and I figured you’d be less peeved by a wee splattered seat, than the seat left up ….”

She says: [bright idea] “You know what, maybe you should just leave the toilet seat up; I’ll put it down when I need to”

He thinks: “Ah…, so she realises that if I can put it up, then she can put it down”
and then says: "If it works for you baby, sure thing"

And the world is at peace again.

7 comments:

tobenna said...

laughed myself off on this.
this is sooo true.
i can testify!

Thirty + said...

LAWLING HARD

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

hahahaha. Yes, the world is at peace. I must send this to my friend and her husband who keep arguing about this issue!

First time here. Nice blog you've got.

O.šeyï said...

haha.. i liked that.
its about compromise and letting the little things go...
shows me i'm not ready for this shit!

Anonymous said...

Yep.......cos me and my oga argue about the same thing......since most men can't follow simple directions....I've decided to let go and give peace a chance.....

cos that toilet seat thingy is one of my pet peeves

ladel

Favoured Girl said...

LOL! Funny thing is that I've never understood the whole toilet seat thing. I know it annoys a lot of women, but I just don't get why. But mention taking out the trash....

aloted said...

hehehehe nice one! very typical!

first time here...;)

guess we need to learn to choose our battles wisely